Re: Amerindian navigators and Eurocentrism in scholarship

From gblack@midland.co.nz (George Black)
Date Sat, 13 Sep 97 19:55:07 GMT
Newsgroups sci.archaeology.mesoamerican, sci.archaeology, sci.anthropology, alt.folklore.science
Organization NetLink Hamilton, New Zealand.
References <5v7uj4$l3p$1@titan.globalserve.net > <bortiz-1109972343390001@ip184.birmingham4.mi.pub-ip.psi.net > <5vbqv2$dlp$1@news.trends.ca > <341b7a6d.4859995@news.demon.co.uk > <5ve9mm$44d$1@news.trends.ca >

In article <5ve9mm$44d$1@news.trends.ca
>, yuku@mail.trends.ca (Yuri
Kuchinsky)
wrote:
awesome snip
>I'm not running away anywhere, and I stand by the information that I
>posted. I guess you would have been running away by now, seeing how many
>people are trying to prove me wrong. But you should not judge everyone by
>your own rather lowly standards, Doug. It may surprise you, but some
>people actually believe that the historical truth is worth fighting for,
>even if many others are trying to run away from it, or to pretend it's not
>there. All the intellectual philistines like Mr. Weller will not make a
>big difference to me if I see that the real factual evidence supports
>these theories.
>
>It's the biased and overcritical people like you, Doug, who stand in the
>way of progress in scholarship.

No Yuri. It is people like Doug who keep the standard of scholarship at a
level from whence one can draw reasonable conclusions.

This sig is a sine of the thymes