Re: maize in ancient india: strong transpacific links are indicated

burglin@ubaclu.unibas.ch wrote:

: The simple fact that nobody ever looks at the followup
: refutations.

: Domingo Martinez Castilla : has done a very nice post of ALL
literature.  : (I had read the Nature letters, but hadn't had time to
track them : down).  : Here is the reply to the first Nature
correspondence.  : in it are two pictures, one of where you never would
ever : come up with the idea that this could be corn at all.

: Payak and Sachan 1988 "Maize in Somnathpur, an Indian medioeval temple",
: Nature 335: 773-774

Thomas,

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but it seems that you found
some pictures that don't look like maize?

I really don't see the significance of this... As you may already know by
now, there are hundreds of such carvings in many temples. So some of them
don't look like maize? Is this surprising?

Isn't the fact that _many_ of them look _very much_ like maize more
relevant?

Best,

Yuri.

--
            =O=    Yuri Kuchinsky in Toronto    =O=
  --- a webpage like any other...  http://www.io.org/~yuku ---

We should always be disposed to believe that that which
appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the
Church so decides       ===      St. Ignatius of Loyola

Follow-Ups: References: